Try this quick and easy breakfast recipe and transform your breakfast.
Another minimal snack recipe made with eggplants, this toast is really simple to pull off and makes for a delicious and quick breakfast. We have paired the eggplant with some cottage cheese. The cottage cheese can be replaced with tofu. This is a meal using bare minimal ingredients, and hopefully, it will help you in the kitchen in these tough times.
The best part of this toast is the mint sauce – which is packed with flavours. It is spicy with the chillies, has a kick with the garlic and even some sweetness. You can make a big batch of this and store it to use over your meals. It is a tasty hack!
Here’s the recipe to this delicious minty eggplant toast.
Note – This recipe makes two toasts
For the mint sauce:
3 tbsp fresh mint leaves
1 green chilli
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp chat masala
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp olive oil
For the eggplant mix:
1 tbsp olive oil
½ eggplant, cut into cubes
50 g cottage cheese/tofu, cut in small pieces
Salt to taste
½ tsp black pepper powder
½ onion, finely chopped
For the toast:
2 slices of brown bread, toasted
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Make the mint sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and saute till they brown and become translucent.
- Add the eggplant and the cottage cheese. Stir.
- Season with salt and black pepper powder. Stir well. Cover and cook on low flame till eggplant is soft.
- Layer a toasted bread slice with tomato ketchup. Put the eggplant mix on top. Add the mint sauce on top. Serve hot.
Watch this video for more